Forever one has tried to be positive in this life. Even in the worst of times. That is a trait which beats next to the heart and keeps it ticking. Recently, after a couple of these 'knife in the guts type' world wide events, I was going to write a list of despair. Fortunately, reflection made me change it into a list of prayers.
So I pray fervently, with a sincere heart, without any prejudice and with belief in Allah.
- I pray that all wars go away and killing fields disappear.
- I pray that the rich become softer and less concerned about themselves.
- That the poor become more hopeful and happier.
- Perhaps corporates, superstar actors, singers, sportsmen, high flying executives be less greedy and more human.
- That journalists and judges are good, honest people.
- That wealth is distributed more evenly; the rich give more.
- That humans waste less and not cut trees.
- I pray that humans do not starve, go unclothed or have no roof.
- That children have a chance to play and the old a chance to rest.
- That education is for all.
- That everyone finds a passion and stays engaged in life.
- That religions find their space and Allah guides all.
- That armies disarm and spies go home to their families.
- I pray there are no refugees and humans welcome all. That home is everywhere.
- That discrimination on language, colour or creed does not happen.
- That leaders are servants and not rulers.
- Once everyone gets their due, justice is not needed.
- That everyone loves and finds their love.
- That the softer subjects prevail and arts and spirituality abound everywhere.
- That humans guard their tongue and hurt others less.
- That people will be healthy, live long and be happy.
- That people will acquire wisdom and big hearts.
I pray for the above and much more. Just a small list of wants. Now who is to say, Allah (swt) might accept all this in his absolute wisdom, knowledge and power. Ameen.